Full-time (40 hours p/w)
Hybrid working (mostly remote)
£30k – £45k pa (depending on experience)
ifour is a growing creative agency. We are based in Tunbridge Wells and work with a wide range of national and international clients.
We’re an innovative agency with a strong reputation for delivering beautiful and intelligent business solutions with inspiration and integrity.
The business has grown organically since we started trading in 2006, new business usually comes from recommendations. As we take the business to the next level, We are looking for a talented, multi-disciplinary designer with bags of creativity and the technical skills to match.
The post-holder must be a hands-on senior designer with a minimum of five years experience, capable of quickly finding their feet in a well-established, award-winning creative team.
Overall purpose of the role
Growth – we’re a design-led agency with an ambitious growth strategy. The growth we want is more about doing the very best work for the very best clients rather than rapidly increasing our headcount. The design team is our ‘engine room’ and is at the heart of everything we do. And we do a lot. We need a hardworking creative who can work steadily in an often pressured, deadline-driven environment without sacrificing creative vision or technical quality.
Collaboration – we produce our best work when we work together closely. For this role, we are looking for someone who is a real team player who can:
- Pick up and pass on work effectively, ensuring continuity of vision and purpose.
- Communicate clearly and positively with other designers, strategists and developers, project managers and, of course, clients.
- Understand not only what they are producing but also why they are producing it.
- Happily take direction from our Creative Director and Creative Lead or any other colleague as appropriate.
Responsibilities of the role:
Proactive and supportive
The postholder will be expected to act in a positive and supportive way to the whole team and take on any reasonable ad hoc team leadership duties and responsibilities as directed by the Creative Director.
Role in the studio
- Working closely with the Creative Director, Creative Lead and the team to develop the creative direction of ifour’s commissioned design work (e.g. campaigns, websites, video, print, marketing collateral, packaging etc.).
- Ensuring that assigned creative concepts and themes are produced and assets created as agreed by agency and client.
- Being a proactive member of the design team, and looking for opportunities to improve the way the design team works.
- Contributing to weekly design team meetings to improve quality, encourage collaboration, and ensure timely delivery.
- Working with the project delivery team as a project team member or project champion to ensure that projects are running smoothly and creative studio deliverables are being produced on time, on budget and to the right quality.
- Making a positive and imaginative contribution to the ongoing development of the agency’s culture, values and outlook.
- Designing original, beautiful and engaging concepts for clients’ brand and marketing communications that have a big, positive impact on their bottom line.
- Designing and producing marketing communications (print and digital) collateral for our wide variety of clients
- Liaising with clients to capture a full understanding of the brief and the wider project context
- Developing and confidently delivering creative pitches to prospective and existing clients.
- Contributing to the account management of clients, developing business and demonstrating understanding of their needs to ensure excellent client/agency relationships and a steady stream of work.
- Work closely with Strategy and Development colleagues responsible to ensure all aspects of ifour’s creative work are aligned and integrated.
- Ability to have an impact within a creative team and encourage a collaborative and inclusive team dynamic.
- Talent for generating strong creative ideas and concepts.
- Proven work experience as a Designer, Graphic Designer or similar design-led role.
- High degree of expertise with design/creative software e.g. Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong aesthetic skills with a deep understanding of colours, fonts and layouts.
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to provide insightful feedback.
- Communication and presentation skills – the ability to engage colleagues and clients and inspire them with your ideas and creative vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must – you have to be able to articulate your creative vision while remaining open to others’ ideas.
- Creative – you need to have strong ideas about what you want to achieve creatively and you must be able to engage and inspire others with your ideas.
- Supportive – you need to know how to work as part of a talented bunch of people who each have their own style of working.
- Resourceful and organised – you should always make sure you are well-enough briefed to be able to propose solutions for any creative / delivery issues that come up without having to resort to the Creative Director or Creative Lead every time.
- Inspirational – the creative team should naturally be keen for your input and creative opinion and should come away energised by interactions with you.
- Team player – we need someone who is self-motivated and resilient under pressure. You must also have a strong sense of fun!
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org