Project Delivery Manager
Full-time (40 hours p/w)
Hybrid working (mostly remote)
£25k – £35k pa (depending on experience)
ifour is a growing creative design agency, based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. We work with a wide range of clients, from global brands to smaller, national companies. We’re an innovative agency with a strong reputation for delivering beautiful and intelligent business communications solutions with inspiration and integrity. The business has grown organically since we started trading in 2006, with new work usually coming from recommendations. This has meant that as we have achieved a return to a kind of normality with the global pandemic, our portfolio of projects has continued to grow… fast.
Our project managers
Our project managers are critical to our ability to innovate and grow. They provide the magic that turns brilliant creativity into client delight. It’s a demanding role with many live projects, but there’s no shortage of variety, and with in-house specialists across all elements of each project, you have the satisfaction of coordinating the production of every output from end to end.
You will be able to influence and lead with your natural organisational ability and through your inclusive, intelligent people skills. You will never be bored. Your ideas will be heard, and you will be the key point of contact for your projects. ifour’s management structure is relatively flat, and we have a high level of trust in our people to do what is best for our clients and the company.
This level of trust and mutual support is reflected in the flexibility of our working environment: we want you to fulfil your role to the best of your ability, and it gets busy, but we know you have a life outside of work. Having a good work-life balance helps to feed your creativity and well-being and allows you to reach your full potential. We have a happy, informal and appreciative working environment with a great range of benefits and opportunities to learn.
We are searching for someone who has the confidence to take the lead but loves to collaborate and support colleagues on team objectives in service of the overall ifour mission.
We would like you to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong project management and leadership skills. Ability to remain calm under pressure, maintain perspective and lead a project team, even in the busiest of times.
- Good technical knowledge of project management in a creative, design or web development environment.
- Practical experience with project management software e.g., MS Project, Smartsheet, Asana, Scoro, Jira etc.
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to provide insightful feedback.
- Clear communication and presentation skills – ie the ability to engage colleagues and clients and inspire them with your efficiency and clear understanding of project objectives and outputs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must – you must have a strong sense of purpose and direction while remaining open to others’ ideas.
because we need you to be able to do the following:
- Work with the Managing Director and the management team to maintain first-class relationships with existing agency clients.
- Ensure that there is regular, clear and timely communication at all times between ifour and its clients (and within the agency itself) about all client work.
- Ensure that all incoming and ongoing work has an adequate brief and that the resulting outputs (what the client will get,) are fully understood and agreed by the client and relevant agency colleagues before the work begins.
- Work with clients and the ifour team to construct detailed timelines for the delivery of each project. These should be broken up into individual tasks and grouped clearly into stages or phases with marked milestones.
- Use ifour’s project management and job-costing system, Scoro, to plan, track, log, allocate and communicate all projects and quotes for work in the agency.
- Act as the focal point for all agency communication about job delivery, making it your business to always have detailed knowledge about ongoing projects, team members workloads, potential scheduling conflicts and to have a thorough understanding of which work needs to be prioritised at any given moment.
- Lead with the allocation of work that has been scheduled for delivery to the agency’s development team.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each team and individual’s working style and sensitively and professionally ‘manage’ them to get the best performance out of them.
- Hold regular project meetings to make sure that everyone has a detailed understanding of their workload and deadlines and an appreciation of what other work is happening in the agency.
- Liaise regularly with clients through the most appropriate channels to ensure that they are always aware of the status of their projects and that their expectations are sensitively, confidently and, where necessary, firmly managed.
Admin and day-to-day business
- Liaise closely with the other PMs for support and allocation of workload. Maintain at least an overview of the total agency project portfolio in order to be able to cover for and back-up the team when necessary.
- Ensure that all of the necessary data driving the business (e.g. project hours, costs, schedules, resources etc.) is being gathered so that we are able to evaluate and assess every aspect of our performance at any given moment.
- Help maintain a dashboard of key performance indicators (agreed with ifour managers) and make suggestions on improving performance.
- Ensure that invoicing, financial information, chasing late payments is all up to date and to liaise with the agency Finance Manager to ensure that all financial information is correct and kept up to date.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org